Women in Cotton
Women in cotton is a working group developed by the ICA to try and increase diversity amongst its members and within the industry as a whole.
What is the group’s mission?
To increase engagement and the impact of women within the industry by giving them a stronger voice, sharing and learning from each other’s experiences and helping networking amongst women in the global cotton community.
How can you get involved?
Whether you are a man or a woman in the industry, you can:
- Join our Women in Cotton LinkedIn group here >
- Sign up to our eNewsletter to be the first to know about upcoming Chats for Change here >
- Join the Women in Cotton ‘Chat’ in the ICA app. To download the app, search ‘ICA LTD’ in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- You can also show your support by adding the Women in Cotton virtual ‘button’ to your email Signatures. If you are interested, simply email email@example.com and we will send you the imagery with a quick guide for installing.
Are you in a leadership position?
We ask you to take this pledge and become a ‘Cotton Champion for Change’:
I pledge daily to respect women & encourage them into positions of influence in my business, I commit to identifying opportunities for three women within my organisation to advance their career paths, to add to diversity & create positive change.
Five simple steps you can take to support women in cotton:
- Check & challenge your company’s current diversity policy
- Approach a colleague to encourage them to join the Women in Cotton LinkedIn group (request to join the group >)
- Talk to your male & female colleagues about the benefits of diversity
- Implement compensation equality
- Promote work/life balance & workplace flexibility
Share your support and stories of actions you have taken with the hashtags
#Change4cotton and #WomeninCotton
Chats for Change
These new, online events were developed by Women in Cotton for participants to share and learn from each other’s experiences with the overall aim of helping to increase gender diversity in the cotton industry. Sign up to our eNewsletter to be the first to know about upcoming sessions >
Useful links and Resources
We have compiled a selection of useful resources from our previous Chats for Change and presentations at ICA Events which you may find useful. These can be accessed here >
If you have any relevant resources which you feel should be added to this section, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key events for women in cotton
We’ve highlighted a few events in the calendar below where women in cotton will have some presence (e.g. presenting a session, hosting a network event alongside, etc.). If you would like to find out more, please contact us on the Women in Cotton LinkedIn group.