Women in Cotton
Women in cotton is a working group developed by the ICA to try and increase diversity amongst its members and within the industry as a whole.
What is the group’s mission?
To increase engagement and the impact of women within the industry by giving them a stronger voice, sharing and learning from each other’s experiences and helping networking amongst women in the global cotton community.
Our 2022 objectives include:
- Increase the representatives of women on ICA committees to 50% by 2025, as well as women speakers in high profile Industry event.
- Grow the Social Media community by 50% and Engage with the community at least twice a week.
- Organize virtual events every 6 weeks with attendance of at least 50 people.
- Create a Mentorship program.
- Identify and Measure the incidence and progress of Women in the Industry
Women in Cotton Events
Women in Cotton offer a range of free online events (see beow). Sign up to our eNewsletter to be the first to know about upcoming sessions >
Chats for Change
Online events for men and women in the cotton industry which focus on professional development and overcoming gender barriers.
Find out about the latest event >
These online events usually follow Chats for Change and give participants a chance to network and carry on the discussion. They are open to men and women in the industry.
Women in Action
New online events spotlighting women sharing their industry knowledge with participants.
Find out about the latest event >
We have compiled a selection of useful resources from our previous Chats for Change and presentations at ICA Events which you may find useful. These can be accessed here >
How can you get involved?
Whether you are a man or a woman in the industry, you can:
- Join our Women in Cotton LinkedIn group here >
- Sign up to our eNewsletter to be the first to know about upcoming events here >
- Join the Women in Cotton ‘Chat’ in the ICA app. To download the app, search ‘ICA LTD’ in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- You can also show your support by adding the Women in Cotton virtual ‘button’ to your email Signatures. If you are interested, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the imagery with a quick guide for installing.
Are you in a leadership position?
We ask you to take this pledge and become a ‘Cotton Champion for Change’:
I pledge daily to respect women & encourage them into positions of influence in my business, I commit to identifying opportunities for three women within my organisation to advance their career paths, to add to diversity & create positive change.
Five simple steps you can take to support women in cotton:
- Check & challenge your company’s current diversity policy
- Approach a colleague to encourage them to join the Women in Cotton LinkedIn group (request to join the group >)
- Talk to your male & female colleagues about the benefits of diversity
- Implement compensation equality
- Promote work/life balance & workplace flexibility
Share your support and stories of actions you have taken with the hashtags
#Change4cotton and #WomeninCotton
Key events for women in cotton
We’ve highlighted a few events in the calendar below where women in cotton will have some presence (e.g. presenting a session, hosting a network event alongside, etc.). If you would like to find out more, please contact us on the Women in Cotton LinkedIn group.