In association with VCOSA, the ICA will be delivering a three day Trade Matters training course from 15-17 February in Vietnam (exact location to be confirmed).
The training focuses on all elements of trade and quality matters – from contract performance and dispute settlement to cotton quality standard. It is aimed at individuals with a basic knowledge of cotton trading and quality matters.
The programme incorporates interactive training modules delivered by industry experts Dr. Robert Jiang (ICA Business Development Manager) and Mr. Derek Tanner (D.A.T. Arbitration & Consultancy, Cotton Consultant and Arbitrator). These include;
- How to make a clear, concise and complete contract
- How to ensure a smooth contract performance
- What do we need to know about the ICA Bylaws & Rules?
- Agents/Brokers’ Functions.
- How to resolve claims, disputes through amicable settlement, mediation and arbitration
- Quality standards, value differences, and allowances
- Arbitration & Appeal Procedure
- List of Unfulfilled Awards 1 & 2
- Members’ rights, benefits and influences.
- Sustainability, traceability and value addition
- Factory training tour: On-site guidance at factory from practical experience of ICA’s trainers to quality and trading difficulty
- Certificates & Awards
The cost is yet to be confirmed but ICA / VCOSA members will receive a 30% discount. Female participants will receive a 50% discount. The fee will include certified training programme and training materials, lunch and refreshments on training days, simultaneous translation (Vietnamese and English). Cancellations will incur a 40% administration fee. Participants’ fees are partly sponsored by VCOSA partners.
For more information, please contact Ms. Nguyen Thuy Vi, Programme Coordinator on:
- Mobile: 0346906928
- Email: email@example.com