In association with VCOSA, the ICA delivered a three day Trade Matters training course from 15-17 February in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
The training focused on all elements of trade and quality matters – from contract performance and dispute settlement to cotton quality standard. It was aimed at individuals with a basic knowledge of cotton trading and quality matters.
The programme incorporated interactive training modules delivered by industry experts Dr. Robert Jiang (ICA Business Development Manager) and Mr. Derek Tanner (D.A.T. Arbitration & Consultancy, Cotton Consultant and Arbitrator). These included;
- How to make a clear, concise and complete contract
- How to ensure a smooth contract performance
- What do we need to know about the ICA Bylaws & Rules?
- Agents/Brokers’ Functions.
- How to resolve claims, disputes through amicable settlement, mediation and arbitration
- Quality standards, value differences, and allowances
- Arbitration & Appeal Procedure
- List of Unfulfilled Awards 1 & 2
- Members’ rights, benefits and influences.
- Sustainability, traceability and value addition
- Factory training tour: On-site guidance at factory from practical experience of ICA’s trainers to quality and trading difficulty
- Certificates & Awards